7:45 AM

Blessed.

All things inspired have a tendency to come to me in the morning, before I've let the weight of the days tasks inside my head. Before I step to the computer to see how everyone else seems to be so far ahead of me. I tend to find my inspiration through quite moments of writing while drinking a cup of tea. I had the most perfect spot in my old apartment where I would read and write and drink my tea while feeling the sun filter through the shades. This self-portrait was born of those moments.

self_035W

I remember reading somewhere a person who was saying that when they were young they felt the pressure to "have it all." Meaning the great apartment, the amazing relationship/family, a great career..all of the typical wants that people think will make them happy. Then she realized at a certain point that you can have it all, maybe just not at the same time. So then it becomes so important to truly value that which is before you. Count your blessings! I do believe I shouldn't free-write on the computer. In the years that I've been free-writing I take approximately 20 minutes (or longer) to write everything that appears in my thoughts. A to-do list, memories of dreams, things I want and things that sometimes just flow out of the pen beyond what I could've ever conjured up by allowing my thoughts to get involved. This is an amazing exercise to just move energy. For some reason I'm on the computer typing away today and I realized the reason I shouldn't do this on the computer is that:

#1 I can't see my handwriting.
#2 I never read back through my free-writing because if there's emotional things there's a tendency to get drawn back into them once you read it. Writing is a form of letting go
#3 I can't tell when I've reached my three pages!

So for all of these reasons I think I need to stick to the page for this exercise. But one of my to-do list items is to update my blog. I have a hard time thinking people actually want to read about my "stuff." Maybe there will be a day when I'm able to structure this more. Right now I just jumping from yoga to photography to free-writing ;) When all else fails, post some photos ;)

Enjoy your day!
May you realize the quality of your blessings...

0 comments:

Labels

acceptance actors album art Amrit Desai Amrit yoga Amrit Yoga Institute Andrea Pepper Andy Goldsworthy Andy Warhol art article artist asana attention awake awareness Bahamas bands Barry Gottlieb beauty bee behind the scenes black and white blessed Blond Fuzz Bob Newhart breakfast breath Broward camera cd cd design Children's Photographer City Limits City Link community competition computer connection contest contestant Corporate Photography Courtney Hambright creative creativity dance Daniel Millay decisions Delray Beach digital discovery documentary eggs ego engagement photos entrepreneur Ernst Haas event exhibit experience fame family portrait fate feature film fine art fire Zuave Firestone Live Venue fisherman Florida FoodShelterArt FoodShelterArt.com found objects free-writing freedom freelance freewrite Ft Lauderdale Gator Cases graphic design greeting cards Gurudev Guy Harvey habit handwriting happy Harmony Martial Arts honeymoon humor husband Ian Grandjean Ian Witlen illusion inspiration inspired Invisible Music Jameses John Ralston journaling Julia Cameron Juno Beach Lake Worth Lake Worth Photo Project Lake Worth-It 2010 letting go life Life Magazine light live music local lotus maternity meditation Miami mind minutes modern Monica Kustra Monica McGIvern Monica's quote moodvane.com movie music musicians natural nature New TImes Magazine now Ocala ocean of Montreal Once organic Orlando pain Palm Beach Palm Beach County Photographer Pema Chodron perception perfect photo photography photography art photos photoshoot pier pleasure polaroid pony pose practice pregnancy pregnant press quote quotes reaction reality reality show sculpture self-expression shadows shapeshifting sharer sleep South Florida stageshow stream of consciousness struggle teacher TGIT The Artists Way today Tonglen training transformation truth video videography water West Palm Beach wheel window Worldwide Moment www.FoodShelterArt.com yoga yoga class yoga parties Yogi Amrit Desai Yogi E